Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting any Expedia Connectivity Services website, including www.expediaquickconnect.com and www.venereconnect.com (individually "Website" and collectively "Websites"), you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our Websites or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), such as your first and last name, telephone number and postal and email addresses.
Information from other sources. We also may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may obtain include names of hotels using your system(s), versions of your systems, functionalities supported by your systems, your system limitations, contact names and details for your sales and support and your interface charges to hotels for connectivity services.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit Expedia Connectivity Services Websites. For example, we will collect your IP address and web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer). We also may collect information about your online activity. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
How we use your information
We may use this information to contact you and will use your email address as part of the Website's log-in process.
We use information about you for the following general purposes: to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with notifications, confirmations and updates; to manage your account; to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services and Websites; to notify you about other products or services that may be of interest to you; to solicit information from you; to resolve disputes, or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce the terms of our EULA [and other policies]; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel providers, who may wish to use your services. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of System Providers' personal information.
- System Providers offering Expedia Connectivity Services. If a System Provider does not provide all hotel booking services or all hotel product information to a hotel provider and some of the products and/or services are provided by another Provider, we may share each Provider's contact details with their counterpart.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including operation of the Websites, business analytics, customer service and marketing. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Websites. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; or to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our Websites, our customers, or others.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can change your password by visiting the "My Account" page. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access the Website. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Cookies and other technologies
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the Websites, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
The Websites do not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Visiting our Websites from outside the United States
How you can contact us